10.05.2004

The Seventy Two Hour Haul

Its funny how time slips by.
Just a second ago I had over a week to complete my latest project.
Now I am working against the clock to finalize an unfinished piece. Well, not unfinished as such, but nowhere near what I thought I would have.

I spent several hours alone, and several hours with The Plant Managers' Pickle D, working my audio track. Got a track now that I'm quite proud of, It actually sounds somewhat professional, albeit it was made in Apple's Garage Band.

My original proposal had been to create an online comic. This turned into an online cartoon, which turned into an animated movie, which turned into an animated backdrop set for displaying the song along with visuals.

Audio is always important, but I hadn't realized that the song would be my main focus for this particular piece. There is just something about digging through records with a good friend, listening to hundreds and hundreds of samples until the sun comes up. Well, last night I had to drive Pickle D to the airport at 4:30am, so he was gone when the sun rose, but the feeling of accomplishment when you listen to a track you’ve made in the car the next day… indescribable.

So with a friend visiting, I got much less work done this week than normal. That’s why I stayed up to do homework until I drove to the airport last night… uh this morning…uh, no actually that was about 26 hours ago, so yesterday, uber early morning.

Between all that and classes today… wait I mean yesterday… yeah, between all that I managed to find time to clean my basement, do laundry, dishes, vacuum, and be rejected by the girl I was pursuing.

I have three hours until stagecraft class, where we will be given a weekly exam.
Wanna lay odds I do poorly today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home