9.05.2004

Another day in the life

Football game. Massive parties. Hundreds of students, wandering in droves, seeking alcohol.
They stare, bewildered, as I inch forward towards thier position in the street. One shows signs of understanding, and moves to the sidewalk. Others follow, not because they understand the inherant danger of the vehicle, but because they see thier packmates moving.
I pass them, thier semi-lucid eyes wander past my face and into the mud on my windows.

Later, a party. 10 gallons of jungle juice and a keg of sierra. Doesn't interest the non-drinkers like me.
Oh wait, I'm the only one not drinking. As always.
Bunch of kids invade the downstairs where I'm drawing in my sketchbook.
Mirror. Baggies. I leave the room.
Cocaine always seems to infect everyone around me, making them break plans, pacts, friendships.
I leave the house. Go home. Up the volume, drop some vinyl.
Things are getting back on track.
Why did I ever leave my bassment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home